Friday, July 24, 2009

Next foreclosure wave is in view - Los Angeles Times Blogs

Amid rising unemployment and falling home prices, mortgage defaults have surged to record levels this year. Until recently, many banks have put off launching foreclosure action on the troubled properties, in part because they had signed up for the ..., more 
and File bankruptcy or try to settle debts? - Los Angeles Times  Dear Liz: My question is whether I should file for bankruptcy or try to settle my debts. I owe about $50,000 on credit cards, $120,000 in student loans and $701,000 on my home. I have stopped paying on my credit card debt because my issuers increased ..., more 
and Bankruptcy is an option for homeowners trying to avoid foreclosure - Los Angeles Times  Reporting from Washington -- To most people, bankruptcy is a four-letter word. But when all else fails, declaring bankruptcy can be an honest and time-tested legal maneuver to save your house from foreclosure. If nothing else, filing for bankruptcy ..., more 

No comments:

Post a Comment